Thursday, July 14, 2016

Girly is good for the soul.

Hey Cuties, as a busy weekend approaches, I've been thinking about all the ways I love to wind down. Sometimes society loves to put down women on the girly things they do, even other women. You know what Cuties? I agree to disagree. Girly is good for your soul. All you need to do is give it some TLC and some patience.

Beauty rituals.

I personally consider beauty rituals very relaxing and really helps me to unwind. After a long day, a good face mask and bath bomb will do wonders. Get a little more pep in your step when you add a treat to your routine and you coast along on positive vibes. It's like hitting the refresh button and your good as new. Best part? Nobody says it has to be long Cuties.

Hair color change.

New Years resolutions have never really been my thing, I got to be honest. I have new resolutions all year long, changing my hair color. While you must be careful and not dye your hair too too often, especially if you have curly hair like me, it will literally burn your curls to a crisp. I find that dying my hair a different color gives me a new perspective and breathes a bit more life into me. Even if it's a color you've done before I find that trying new colors or new shades of the same color helps me discover new little inklings about myself that I didn't even know was there.


Makeup.

Of course, of course, Cuties. I preach this all the time, makeup is good for your soul. It relieves stress, allows for artistic expression, and boosts self-esteem. There really isn't a lot to not love. Trust me when I say this, and I know I'm not alone on this, when you get that liquid liner cat eye just right BAM you're queen of the world.


Nail polish.

Something that I usually do to bring up my spirits without too much fussing or supplies is a nice simple manicure. It's a lot like dying your hair except if you're like me and want to try a million things at once and cannot even then nail polish is my next stop. Changing up the color on my nails always makes me smile. As I go about my day drafting posts, running errands, and killing it on multiplayer when I get a glimpse of my painted nails I get all giddy. It's like a red bull of motivation.

Best of both worlds.

While I'm not talking about Hannah Montana, you really can have them both Cuties. There's nothing wrong with being a tom boy or not being the best at "girly things". That really isn't it. If it's something you want to do, and like the idea, it can be very relaxing and easily one of your favorites to do. Nothing wrong with finding zen in that perfect shade of nude nail polish and having a positive K/D. Or maybe when you win the game for the team it'll be your little secret that a certain perfect setting spray gave you the oomph you needed.

What girly things help you get in touch with yourself? Do you have a beauty ritual?

Let me know in the comments below.



Until next time Cuties(:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Cuties, I'd love to hear from you, and I promise I read each and every one of your comments and they mean the world to me.I hope you come back and see what you missed!
And remember,Stay Cute,Stay You.

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design