Thursday, April 21, 2016

If you see these names in lipstick, put it down!

Hey Cuties, wearing lipstick is a ritual and absolutely therapeutic for me. I couldn't help to wonder what might be in my lipsticks and what to try and avoid, I know I won't be perfect but it's always so good to know what I'm getting into and avoid it where I can. Here's a 411 on what to look for.

Lead.

This one is a biggie. Lead studies in lipsticks and other cosmetics is still ongoing but it is soo important to avoid. Lead can cause cancer, reduces fertility, and delays puberty. This is not something to be taken lightly Cuties. Some lipstick brands have been shown unbelievable amounts of lead. They usually find lead by contamination, or additives. Not to mention Cuties the fact that women accidentally eat their lipsticks, or get in our their teeth and that could cause us so many health problems in the future!

Butylated Compounds (BHT, BHA).

These chemical is usually put in makeup (lipstick of course included) to extend its shelf life so to speak. These chemicals usually cause skin allergies, they are also linked to organ toxicity and that could cause a lot slew of problems you don't want to deal with. Worst of all Cuties, in some cases this additive can promote the growth of tumors. That is one thing you would want to avoid over anything else Cuties.

Parbens (methylparaben, propylparaben).

Parabens tend to mimic estrogen and that is never a good sign. Not to mention if anything on this list sounds familiar avoid it it's parabens. With makeup companies popping up left and right paraben free is so good to be seeing more and more. Parabens have been found in breast cancer tissue, the FDA also warns that Parbens can depress the nervous system and cause vomiting in infants. So the fact that it is so easily absorbed, mommy (or daddy) kisses could make your baby sick! No wonder we're finally starting to see more and more paraben free!


Lake Colors.

Lake Colors are toxic artificial coloring agents made from barium, potassium, strontium, and aluminum. They are carcinogenic (they cause cancer). These have so many variations so anything that might say lake and a color and number afterwards should be avoided.


Be as smart as you are beautiful Cuties.

These chemicals were the big ones I found while scouring the internet but I'm sure there is so many I didn't mention. I just wanted to share and find this out myself. I really do feel it's true what they say Cuties, knowing is half the battle. So in that tiny text, I'm going to be searching for these bad guys and I hope you are too.

 If you know anymore please share with our Cutie Community in the comments!


Here's where I got my scoop:
Scoop one: here
Scoop two:here


Until next time Cuties(:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Cuties, I'd love to hear from you, and I promise I read each and every one of your comments and they mean the world to me.I hope you come back and see what you missed!
And remember,Stay Cute,Stay You.

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design