Thursday, May 26, 2016

Sulfates:Public Enemy #1?

Hey Cuties, I gotta admit to you, my hair has not been in picture perfect health. So it got me thinking a lot about Sulfates and what they really do to your hair. All things considered, it's a mixed bag. What team are you on?



Sulfate free doesn't mean heaven for your hair.

Believe it or not Cuties, it's true.Yes sulfate are killer sometimes but just because it says "sulfate-free" doesn't mean that it's heaven for your hair. Sometimes some hair companies like to replace sulfates with other baddies. Which can lead to drier hair, more frizz, and strip your color which is a huge no. Especially if you're anything like me and love coloring your hair. So be cautious in the wild of hair products Cuties.

Sulfates are sneaky.

Sulfate are kinda like spies: Amonium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and even trickier words shampoo companies like to use to keep the title of "sulfate-free" to get your well earned dollars. So keep you eyes open on the ingredient list for these words Cuties! Sulfates in disguise I tell you!

Sulfates have alternatives.

So you wanna go sulfate free because you got thick curly hair like mines or your hair is totally a frizz magnet. Try looking for these ingredients: ethylhexlglycerin and phenoxyethanol. They are plant based so no worries there Cuties. You always want to try and look for ingredients that are plant or fruit based cleansers!

Mixed Bag.

So to sulfate or not to sulfate is the question. To be honest Cuties, it depends on you. Can't give up that lather, no sweat. Just make sure you don't lather too long, and if you want to go sulfate free you got choices too. My hair personally hates the stuff so I try to steer away from it unless I wanna look like a lion, not my cutest I'll admit. So how do you Cuties feel about it?

Let me know in the comments below!

Team Sulfate or Team Sulfate free?


The inside scoop:


Until next time Cuties(:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Cuties, I'd love to hear from you, and I promise I read each and every one of your comments and they mean the world to me.I hope you come back and see what you missed!
And remember,Stay Cute,Stay You.

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design