Tuesday, January 27, 2015

What really happens when you(almost) get snowed in.

My dear Cuties,yes yes I know it has been a while and I'm sorry!It's been very hectic lately and as you all know NYC was at a complete stand still yesterday and last night,I was gonna come to you with a review but,I decided I wanted to give you Cuties a peek inside the Snowy Apple. BUT that review is on the way rest assured. Now moving forward,I thought it would be fun to let you guys know about my first almost blizzard experience. So Saturday I had just found out that there would be a blizzard headed to NYC yesterday and today.I was part delighted,part terrified.When I heard the lights might go out my heart dropped into my tummy.I was terrified of the dark so I knew it would not be a good time.But then I thought oh,the snow.

Heat, heat, heat.

Here's a little history on little ole me Cuties, I was raised in Miami Florida until middle school then moved to Texas for high school. So snow what I considered real snow delighted me incredibly so! It was said to be 1-3 inches every hour, a total of 3 feet! I could not stop jumping at the window amazed my every individual snow flake, every hour I would check the window and see the tires just to see how high the snow was.  There was sooooo much snow!

Lots of snow.

Soo much snow! I had never seen so much snow in my life up until this point. It just didn’t stop, but I loved seeing all the snowflakes they were big enough to even see what it was shaped like! The world just looks so pretty when it snows.

So cold.

I wanted to go out but I realized how cold it was! It really got me craving some hot chocolate and all the mini marshmallows. It looked so peaceful to me the snow, quiet but light and fluffy like powdered sugar from God. It is the most snow I've ever seen in my life. Now I bet that sounds silly but I'm used to living in places where snow really isn’t a thing. It was so hard for me to ripe my eyes away from the window so I tried to just take short glances so I wouldn't get too cold.

Travel ban.

Still, there was the more serious aspect, there was a travel ban after 6pm last night in NYC and everyone had to be home by then, and I was so worried about everyone getting home safely. We also made sure that we had plenty of water and food because there was a chance that the lights might go out, we even went and picked up flash lights just in case, of course we had all the snacks. All of them. Hahahaha blizzards aren't fun with no snacks Cuties! I was so prepared to hunker down and see this thing out. But just like that, it was over, it had passed NYC and we were in the clear so to speak. I felt slightly disappointed. I wanted this to be as historical as the news said. Although this no doubt had been the most snow I've ever seen in my life. Ever. So disappointed, yet I feel relieved that the worst is over for the Big Snowy Apple. Back to business as usual.

Blizzard? Not necessarily. 

This isn’t a real blizzard. It was a lot of snow though, I loved it! The city did shut down for a little. It was a bit extra for the snow that there was but still. I want a real blizzard. I love looking out the window while it’s going on.


Until next time Cuties(:

1 comment:

  1. Reading this reminded me of a story my friend told me about her first time experiencing snow haha! Stay safe in the blizzard!
    Saadiya x

    || That Girl; Saadiya ||

    ReplyDelete

Hey Cuties, I'd love to hear from you, and I promise I read each and every one of your comments and they mean the world to me.I hope you come back and see what you missed!
And remember,Stay Cute,Stay You.

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design